Book A Table
- We would recommend that you reserve tables for food. You can just turn up but please bear in mind you may need to queue until a table becomes available.
- By default the booking system reserves your table for 2 hours. If you would like longer, please put it in to the notes/request section and we will do all we can to accommodate you. If you would prefer to sit in a specific area please also add this to the notes – we will try our best to accommodate.
- For parties of over 6 people, please give us a ring on 01900 85219.
- Unfortunately we cannot reserve tables outside.
- Dogs are only allowed in the bar at lunch time but not in the evening between 5.30pm and 10pm. Dogs are allowed in the beer garden all day.
- We prefer to accept contactless payment or card.
- Orders will be taken at the table.
- As well as online booking with ResDiary from our website, our Facebook page or on resdiary.com, you can also book by telephone or email.
Serious about Food
Led by Head chef Paul Williamson, the talented kitchen team aim to provide great quality food in a relaxed environment. Coming to Kirkstile is not just for a special occasion. We believe that a good night out with home cooked food should be affordable. Traditional dishes such as Lakeland Steak and Ale Pie and slow cooked Lamb Shank feature on our menus throughout the year. Fresh Fish and Cumbrian Chicken are often on our specials menu, which changes daily. To satisfy your sweet tooth, watch out for dishes such as Sticky Toffee Pudding or Baked Chocolate and Orange Pudding.
In addition we always have two Roasts on a Sunday.
A healthy children's menu is always available.
HOME COOKED, LOCAL AND SEASONAL
Kirkstile's team of six chefs are serious about good food. We have a deserved reputation for unpretentious, home-cooked meals and place great emphasis on local Cumbrian and Lake District suppliers. With a seasonal changing menu we always offer a good selection of fish and vegetarian dishes. We also cater for vegans.
Our famous bar can be really busy and always has a great atmosphere! Inside are low beamed rooms with welcoming open fires, good food, willing and friendly service, the same warm hospitality that has always characterised a good English Inn.
We have a superb carefully selected wine list which includes 13 wines by the glass. We also stock an extensive range of gins, whiskies and other spirits.
We always have a selection of real ales available from our own brewery, including the award-winning Loweswater Gold. Other beers such as Langdale, Esthwaite Bitter and Vanilla Oatmeal Stout are available on a rotational basis.
Our menus change regularly and our specials change each day. Please have a look at our menus to find out more about the food we serve.
- Monday to Saturday: 10am to 11pm
- Sunday: 10am to 10.30pm
- Festive Period: We are closed from 5pm on Christmas Eve, closed Christmas Day and re-open on Boxing Day. Please contact us direct for details about our New Year package.
Food Serving Times
|Morning coffee, tea and snacks||
10am to 12 noon
|Main lunchtime menu||
12 noon to 2.00pm Mon to Sat
12 noon to 2.30pm Sunday
|Afternoon teas, coffee, soup,
sandwiches and snacks
2.00pm to 4pm Mon - Sat
2.30pm to 4pm Sunday
|Main dinner menu||5.30pm to 9pm|
Sign up to receive our exclusive email only offers.
We'll send you no more than a couple of emails a month and you can unsubscribe at any point by clicking the link in the email.